October isn't just the month of pumpkin-flavored goodies and Halloween treats - it's Energy Awareness Month. Let's face it, we should all be reducing our energy consumption. Each month we waste thousands of kilowatts and then that bill comes in the mail, and our jaws drop. Stop the jaw dropping and be more environmentally conscious this month and for the months to follow. Here are a few tips how you can do your part to reduce energy consumption.
1. Unplug electronics when you're not using them. This may sound obvious, but it's shocking the number of electronics we leave plugged in. I too am guilty of it. Next time you unplug your phone from the charger, take the extra 5 seconds to unplug it from the wall.
2. Insulate your water heater and turn down the temp to at least 120 degrees.
3. Replace bulbs with LED's.
4. Replace your thermostat with a programmable unit if you don't already have one and do energy audits. Hold yourself accountable!
5. Find and seal any air leaks in windows, doors, weatherstripping, etc. as we go into the winter months.
6. Close fireplace dampers when not in use.
To read up on more home energy saving tips and tricks, click here.
Author:Liz Peters Phone: 949-683-5374 Dated: October 12th 2017 Views: 54 About Liz: An Orange County native with a background in marketing and journalism, Liz brings a unique skill set...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
With seven consecutive years of five-star status in Orange Coast Magazine, The Kurt Real Estate Group is among the elite. No matter where they’ve gone, they’ve set record sales. Whether you’re a buyer, seller, or investor, Kurt and his team work diligently, honestly, and with the utmost professionalism and are passionate about helping you achieve your real estate goals.
Kurt is ranked among the top two percent of Coldwell Banker agents nationwide. Kurt’s experience investing in and flipping homes and his connections with the Hollywood Film Industry give him an unparalleled edge and keen insight into market trends. The opportunity presented to you in working with Kurt is why The Kurt Real Estate Group is recognized as one of the top real estate teams in Orange County.
Being in California with year round temps that hardly ever drop below
"Kurt was amazing, professional, and very informative. He knows Costa Mesa like the back of his hand! I highly recommend Kurt if you are in the market for a new home. After one phone call, he allowed me access to a personal online portal with many suggestion and insight for a specified area. Over all it was a great experience!"